Thursday, March 1, 2012

I Will Miss...

The past few days, I have been thinking a lot about the things that I will miss when we move.  I will miss our friends and our home.  I will also miss a lot of small (mostly frivolous) things:

the ease of running errands (a simple car ride to a nearby store)

great parks for playing with the kids

play areas in all of the fast food restaurants and malls

the ducks in the greenbelt behind our house


the dry cleaner who knows exactly how I want the clothes done

the UPS man who delivers diapers and other packages to my front door

the babysitter who my girls adore 

the amazing coffee shop nearby

drive-thru restaurants for picking up quick snacks

and so much more.

Despite the numerous things that we are leaving, I am still excited!  I am certainly going to miss a lot of things, but I am sure that I will find a lot of new things to love in Lusaka.

No comments:

Post a Comment